Thursday, August 14, 2014

Orireota (Good morning) from Mbarara!

It has officially been one week since arriving here in Uganda. I have moved into my new upstairs flat with a beautiful view of the surrounding city and countryside and I have begun learning the local language and culture. The AIM team in the SW region here has been such a blessing as they continue to guide me through the transition. Over the next two weeks I will continue learning the language alongside a language helper and I will be introduced to the different outreaches an organizations that may become apart of my main ministry this year. It brings me joy to begin sharing life with people here as relationships start to form. I ask for prayer in my ability to be bold in initiating new friendships and speaking Runyakore (the local language) to new faces. Thank you for your continued support and prayers!

Here are some photos of my new home:




We share the compound with another Ugandan family, our compound guard, as well as the Landlord when he is here. (Emily and my apartment is in the top right corner of the building.)



We have a wrap around balcony where i get to enjoy a sunset or thunderstorm every evening.



One of my favorite meals so far is chipoti and homemade guacamole, both sold in abundance everywhere here!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Your house is awesome! I'm praying for you and hope to Skype soon! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you sweet girl! Emily and I are so blessed by our apartment. It was so much more than I had expected with hot water heater and a little fridge and beautiful view :) Yes let me know when on Facebook and I would love to catch up!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the update, Meggie! We're thinking of you and praying for you. Big hug from wayyy over here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the prayers!! I am hugging your right back from wayyyy over/up here (discovered a rather large elevation gain when i was running the other day!).

      Delete